Scary Spooky or Frightening Synonyms

If you are writing a Halloween article or some such other paralyzing piece of terrifying imagery that only your warped and twisted mind could develop then you will need some super duper spine tingling words to enhance this work of pure devilry

What you likely need to get your work reaching new realms of creativity is another word for the other word that you have used two or three times before. You need a few synonyms for scary spooky or frightening. A synonym is a word or group of them that means the same as another and they are vital to a writer.

Whether you are an author busy creating the next great novel or a weekend blogger the written word is a delightfully amazing place to play. In a single sentence you can climb a mountain that leads you dangling from the clouds, you can visit with fairy creatures deep in a primitive forest or choose to dive deep down under the ocean to hunt out ancient artifacts. Yet if you cannot for the life of you think up another word to replace the one that you have already used ten times over again in an article then language can also be a frightening, disconcerting, horrendously evil place to be trapped.

You can find yourself in a real fine fix if your written work is tediously difficult to read. It's a situation where you know that your work is not going to be appreciated and justly so. So let us think about this in terms which you will be more easily able to understand in relation to your current predicament. This is the point in time when rather than experiencing a startling appalling disconcertingly fear attack which can inspire ones heart to act in a highly erratic manner you instead allow me to come to your aide.

I've got a treasure trove of very different words waiting for you. So now that the dire circumstances of this setting have been pushed to the side it is time for you to get to work. Park your quarters down at the computer and set to work typing up the brilliant masterpiece that you is brewing in your mind. It must be a work of such diabolical fiction that it depicts one of the most alarming scenes that your crippled imagination is capable of dreaming up.

It is dark outside and perhaps it is raining. You can hear the wind blowing the raindrops eerily against your bedroom window as you sit there. Of course just as one would expect from this rather eerie atmosphere ones family is out for the evening and you are the only one left at home, ALL ALONE.

You have your trusty dictionary sitting on the desk beside you and on top of it sits your Thesaurus. If those backup plans fail then you can always rely on Google to help you find the words and definitions that you need. You are faultlessly flawlessly perfectly prepared to do battle with any word that might attempt to elude you. So let us begin this apprehensively horrifying tale of mystery and intrigue (hee hee).

 A Highly Mysterious Assignment 
This Is A Story Filled With The Synonyms You Are Searching For

The night is dark and the fog is every where. I thought that I knew my way home but now I am just not sure which direction to head. I can hear footsteps behind me and whenever I stop they do too. I am terrified. The fear and unrelenting panic wells up into my throat and, threatens to choke me.

No one should feel that they have the right to terrorize another human being in such a hideous odious and gruesome manner as this individual is now attempting to do to me. I query in a trembling voice, who is there? But no one answers. 

I continue walking but this time at a little faster pace. The eerie, creepy, weirdly uncanny quiet surrounds me.  I can feel the cold ghostly unearthly specter-like shadow of the phantom character who follows me. The stranger is drawing closer to me, and I can feel the paralyzing coolness of his breath on the back of my neck. I am scared to death and to make matters worse it is in this moment that his skeletal hand snakes out and grabs mine. My heart stops dead. I am stupefied petrified scared witless numb and half out of my skin from the sheer terror of the situation. I cannot run I am so crazed that I cannot move even the smallest muscle in my body. I am frozen in my tracks.


It is at this moment that he laughs. It is hideous and beyond rational thought or remorse. He sounds like he is obsessed or possessed I am not sure which. I simply stand there like an apparition of a presence shape or idolatress of this disembodied spirit. The fog has turned putrid around us. It is thick and dripping with a sticky black liquid that weighs it down.

The air is almost too heavy to any longer be breathed by mere mortals, and I find myself gasping for relief but there is too little oxygen to breathe. The demon figure spins me to face him. The alarm dread panic fear horror cowardice terror fright awe phobia anxiousness worry unease apprehension and absolutely irrational concern for this spooky scary ghoulish fiend-like figure envelopes me.

He winces as though in pain then casually reaches out to gently touch the horn in the middle of my forehead. As he thoughtfully pulls his hand away he mutters a throatily whispered, "How funky." It is all that he has to say before he turns and slowly walks away. I cannot help but smile at this unorthodox compliment so rakishly given on this sweetly eerie All-Hallows-Eve and giggle at my inane insecurities. Spooky doesn't have to be scary. Keep your writing colorful and fun.
 
Related Articles by Lorelei Cohen

Prioritize: How to Create an Energy Budget
Halloween Bath Decor Ideas
Resilience: Our Ability to Adapt and Adjust to Change
Old Wives Tales and Inspirational Country Proverbs
Subliminal Message Subconscious Learning
Prioritize: Create an Energy Budget
~ Sit to Stand Crank Desk an Office Fitness Solution