Tasty Delicious or Yummy Synonyms

So you need a word to describe exactly how delicious last nights enticingly  scrumptious supper was. It was so delightful that you can still feel the spices tingling your tongue even today. If you know what you want to say but can't find the words to describe the scene your mind wants to portray then this page may be a great place to discover the perfect synonym for delicious yummy and tasty.

Of course you could dig out your faithful thesaurus and see what taste tempting words are hiding deep within its rich trove of indispensable synonyms or do a Google search but why go through all that trouble? If you simply keep reading I am sure that this article will provide you with a delectable selection of suitable foodie descriptive words.I myself have enjoyed some savory suppers that left me utterly speechless in their lusciousness. So flavoursome were the flavorful fares I have consumed that they could almost be described as ambrosial in their appeal. I relish the mere memory of these sapient culinary encounters.

Which reminds me of one such delightful meal which my own dear grandmother prepared on a long ago Christmas Eve. The table was piled high with all manner of tantalizing lip smacking palatable salads, meats, side dishes, and desserts. My heart virtually stopped in mid beat as I gazed upon this highly pleasing palate tickling vision. My sensory delight matched only by anticipation of the food laid out before me.

The roasted turkey provocatively gleamed from the center of the feast while the delicate dainty desserts sat temptingly to the far left of the table. There were full-flavored heavenly piles of mashed potatoes, thick rich nectareous gravy, an ambrosial green salad, and huge yellow yams fit for a king. It was a mouth watering sight to behold indeed. Ah but the aroma was pure heaven a gustatory enjoyable feast of the senses. Even Nectar sent from the gods above could not have served better to incite the flavor and tastiness of this meal.

The first bite was simply to tickle the palate because it served not to quench the hunger within but to instead stimulate the salivary glands in a most embarrassing manner as to leave one searching for further culinary satisfaction. The food was yummy nummy sapid likable pleasing edible yet very toothsome appetizing and definitely good enough to eat

But hold that thought for just one moment. Did you know that the opposite of a synonym is an antonym? As the exact opposite of delicious yummy or tasty an antonym would then be a word meaning distasteful yucky or flavourless. I swear this to be a literary truth. Which unfortunately reminds me of another meal which was not quite such the delightful experience as the one prepared by my grandmother. It was instead quite a ghastly gross affair and one which I will never forget. It haunts my memory alike a food themed nightmare.

 I was invited to dinner by the man who I was to later marry. He unfortunately decided to attempt his hand at cooking for me and it turned out to be a meal that should never have been consumed by mortal man or beast alike. It was awful. Surprisingly the table was set beautifully which was in harsh contrast to the food about to be set upon it. Dainty flowers decorated the tablecloth and a fresh bouquet of fragrant blooms occupied the center space. I at first was quite mistaken as to what was to so soon to come. Then the food arrived. The foulness of the aroma indelicately wafted into the air surrounding us and it was immediately obvious that something was amiss.


The meal was some form of morbidly diseased meat smothered in ketchup so as to disguise its disturbing acridness. The bitterness sourness vileness and overall nauseating flavor of that first palate offending bite was enough to convince me of the obnoxiousness of his ever so carefully prepared meal. The taste was nothing short of out and out right nasty. I envisioned a bad case of food poisoning setting in and knew that I could not consume another bite without risking serious harm to my intestinal tract but the issue at hand was on how I could escape.
I thought of a polite way to remove myself from the situation but the repulsive meal was too large to fit into my purse. 

Fortunately the neighbours dog at that exact moment wandered in through the open patio door and I managed to indiscreetly accidentally drop the gruesome blob onto the floor for him to gobble up.

The second course was no better. Set so enticingly next to the pink roses sprinkled across the table. One could imagine this course to be delightful but this dish would also only bring utter disappointment. Stringy and bitter the first tiny spoonful of this glop sat stuck in the middle of my throat neither able to go down or to come back up.

In horror I look over to see my man gleefully chowing down on the greenish yellow lump of indescribable horror sitting on his plate. My heart went out to this brave soul and it was then that deep within my heart I knew that I could not allow him to continue living in such a manner.

As I sat there staring at the nauseating meal so loathsome in aroma and taste that its mere pungency stripped paint from the very walls around us, I knew that no person should ever be forced to endure such unsavoury unpleasant ill tasting odious food fare. Yes, I decided then and there to marry him. Our marriage sealed his fate. He happily agreed to never cook again and no antonym of delicious yummy or tasty has made its appearance at our dining table since that blessed day. 

Hopefully one or more of these synonyms and antonyms have helped you find the food themed word you need. The written word is such a wonderful place to play. Enjoy.

Related Articles by Lorelei Cohen

Prioritize: How to Create an Energy Budget
Safest Cutting Board Material Wood Plastic or Glass?
Resilience: Our Ability to Adapt and Adjust to Change
Old Wives Tales and Inspirational Country Proverbs
Subliminal Message Subconscious Learning
Prioritize: Create an Energy Budget
~ Sit to Stand Crank Desk an Office Fitness Solution